Downtown Business Community,
Here’s an update on how Ashland Main Street Association is working for you…
- Ashland Train Day 2018: November 3. Planning is underway! First meeting of stakeholders was held Aug 9. If you’d like to highlight your business—as a kiddie train sponsor, sidewalk sale, live performance, special offer, etc.—please contact Maggie so that we can include your business in event publicity.
- Survey Results. Main Street surveyed the Ashland community and downtown business owners. To date, we’ve gathered 81 business responses. Thank you! We will be able to share results and analysis at the Downtown Business Forum on October 3, 6pm at Henry Clay Inn.
This month’s Get Centered newsletter was sent to residents on August 31. It reaches approx. 2000 emails and 3000 social media users monthly. To be included, add your upcoming events to the Community Calendar.
- Business Workshop Sept 24 in Gloucester. Main Street volunteers will attend the following workshop. Any business owner/manager in the Town of Ashland is invited to join us, free!
- Delivering Memorable Experiences Downtown
- Gloucester: Sept 24, 8-10am @ 6892 Main Street
- How to strengthen your business’s hospitality to create 1. return customers, and 2. positive and proactive word-of-mouth. This training is designed specifically for business owners by Virginia Tech Assistant Professor Vincent Magnini. Learn how to generate good buzz for your business!
- Reserve your seat now by emailing Maggie.
- Strategic Planning. Ashland Main Street Association will utilize survey data and stakeholders’ input to set strategic priorities for the year ahead.
- Downtown Business Forum on October 3, 6pm at Henry Clay Inn. Quarterly meeting open to all businesses in the Town of Ashland. Content will focus on survey results and upcoming events (Train Day, Small Business Saturday, Light Up the Tracks).
Below you’ll find a summary of upcoming business events from our partners:
- Ashland Police Department is in the process of updating business emergency contact information (“Business Night-cards”) throughout Town. The information is held by Hanover County Communications and is not shared with anyone else. Enter info online or call 412-0601.
- Market Ashland Partnership‘s ongoing ad campaigns:
- Facebook Ads & Boosting. MAP is currently boosting FB posts for $10 per week (to great effect!). MAP members are invited to pay half ($5) to have their ad boosted. Roger Reynolds is available to help sculpt a post.
- The Mater Business Card Reader on WHAN Radio: Monday-Friday. Cost is $350 but MAP will cover $25 for up to 12 members.
Join the Ashland VA Entrepreneurs Facebook Group to connect with other business owners and managers.