Downtown Business Community,
Here’s an update on how Ashland Main Street Association is working for you…
- Hosted Downtown Business Forum attended by 25 businesses. Many great ideas were submitted, including 3 for Economic Vitality, 6 for Promotions, 7 for Design, and 3 for Organization.
- Attended Virginia Main Street conference to learn from other towns’ successes
- Thanked our sponsors and volunteers with a Toast to Main Street event
This month’s Get Centered newsletter was sent to residents on August 2. It reaches approx. 2000 emails and 3000 social media users monthly. To be part of the newsletter, add your upcoming events to the Community Calendar.
- Survey Downtown Ashland businesses about economic trends. Online survey will be distributed on Wednesday.
- Survey current and potential Downtown Ashland customers about their demands. Online survey will be distributed as a special edition of Get Centered newsletter on Wednesday.
- Ashland Train Day Stakeholders meeting Aug 9 7pm @ Ashland Library — all downtown businesses are invited
- Economic Vitality Committee meeting Aug 20, 6pm @ Ashland Museum
- Downtown Promotion Committee meeting Aug 27, 6pm @ Ashland Museum
Below you’ll find a summary of upcoming business events from our partners:
- Market Ashland Partnership‘s ongoing ad campaigns
- Facebook Ads & Boosting. MAP is currently boosting FB posts for $10 per week (to great effect!). MAP members are invited to pay half ($5) to have their ad boosted. Roger Reynolds is available to help sculpt a post.
- The Mater Business Card Reader on WHAN Radio: Monday-Friday, WHAN will read the business cards of participating businesses/organizations once a day. Cost is $350 but MAP will cover $25 for up to 12 members.
- The Drive-Thru With Rog (We Play Bluegrass…MOSTLY) on WHAN Radio Sundays 2-4pm. Weekly Sponsorship $125 per week (MAP Members price: $100 per week). Four 30 second spots, live mentions, social media mentions. Sponsors can sponsor every week, twice a month, etc.]
- Hanover Chamber of Commerce
- Tourism on Fire
- August 15, 11:30 – 1:00 | Lunch & Program | 11625 Lakeridge Pkwy, Ashland
- Learn why the Richmond Region is a top destination. Katherine O’Donnell, Vice President of Community Relations of Richmond Region Tourism, will share the latest tourism trends and how your business can capitalize on visitor spending.
- Registration is $15 for members (early) or $25 for non-members. Lunch is provided. Payment options online or onsite.
- Virginia Main Street
- Delivering Memorable Experiences Downtown
- Farmville: Aug 15, 8-11am @ Charley’s Waterfront Café
- Culpeper: Aug 23, 9:30 -12:30 @ Culpeper Police Dept
- Gloucester: Sept 24, 8-10am @ 6892 Main Street
- How to strengthen your business’s hospitality to create 1. return customers, and 2. positive and proactive word-of-mouth. This training is designed specifically for small business owners by Virginia Tech Assistant Professor Vincent Magnini. Learn how to generate good buzz for your business!
- Workshops are FREE. Reserve your seat now by emailing Maggie.